Preparing for a Zoom WebinarBefore joining a webinar, please make sure you have already downloaded the Zoom application. See below for instructions on how to download Zoom for your device.
Select your device:
How to Join a Zoom Webinar
1. Locate the Webinar Meeting ID on the Webinar page
2. To join a Zoom webinar, tap on the "Join" button on the webinar page.
Note: You may get a prompt to Open Zoom. Tap open or allow.
3. If prompted, enter the 9-digit webinar Meeting ID from step 1
4. You’ll receive a prompt to enter your e-mail and name. This information is so our authors and moderators can view you in the list of attendees.
5. If the webinar has not yet started, you’ll see a screen with a spinning cursor. Please wait for the webinar to time to start.
6. You’ll automatically be joined and be able to see the video stream when the webinar time starts
Note: If you are prompted with microphone/video settings, please disregard these options and allow the permissions.
Your own audio/video will automatically be turned off during the webinar. You will not be visible or heard by other attendees.
On some occasions, an author may want to interact via video with a pre-selected attendee.
During the Webinar
1. You may have several ways to interact with the hosts or author. See in the center bottom of the Zoom interface for the options the host/author has enabled.
2. You'll be able to submit your own questions or see previously answered questions by selecting the Q&A button at the bottom.
- Type your question and click on send.
Note: If you’d like to submit a question anonymously, switch on the “Send Anonymously” checkbox before hitting Send.
Zoom Webinars Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
Can I join a Zoom Webinar without downloading an app?
Yes, but the webinar will be audio-only. You can visit the webinar page to find the dial-in phone numbers.
All I see is a screen that's spinning. I can't see the webinar!
If you see a loading screen please check the webinar start time. It likely has not started yet. Once it does, you'll be loaded into the video stream.
Why is the app asking to use my microphone and camera?
Please disregard this message and allow the prompt. Rest assured, your camera and microphone will be off during the webinar.
Can people hear and see me through my mobile device?
No, the host/author is the only person being seen/heard by the participants. Your camera and microphone are off.
I don't see the Q&A button on my mobile device. How do I get the button to appear?
On mobile, the Q&A menu automatically hides after a few seconds. Simply tap your mobile device's screen and the menu will appear again.